The Smithsonian Museum’s 11th annual Museum Day Live takes place Saturday, Sept. 26.
It’s not too late to sign up for a voucher which grants you free entry to a range of museums.
Participating institutions in the metro area include:
- David J. Sencer CDC Museum, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Roybal Campus, 1600 Clifton Rd., NE, MS A-14, Atlanta. 404-639-0830.
- Museum of Design Atlanta, 1315 Peachtree Street, Atlanta. 404-979-6455
- Hammonds House Museum, 503 Peeples Street, SW, Atlanta. 404-612-0500
- The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia, 75 Bennett Street, Suite A2, Atlanta. 404-367-8700
- The High Museum of Art, 1280 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta. 404-733-5000
- Marietta Museum of History, 1 Depot Street, Marietta. 770-794-5710
- William Root House Museum and Garden, 145 Denmead Street , Marietta. 770-426-4982
- Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History, 2829 Cherokee Street, Kennesaw. 770-427-2117
- Heritage Sandy Springs Museum, 6110 Blue Stone Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30328. 404-851-9111
- Barrington Hall a member of A Southern Trilogy: the Historic House Museums of Roswell, 535 Barrington Dr, Roswell. 770-640-3855
- Bulloch Hall, 180 Bulloch Ave, Roswell. 770-992-1731
- Archibald Smith Plantation Home, 935 Alpharetta St, Roswell. 770-641-3978
- Road to Tara Museum, 104 North Main Street, Jonesboro. 770-478-4800
- Booth Western Art Museum, 501 Museum Drive, Cartersville. 770-387-1300
To sign up, visit smithsonianmag.com/museumday and click on “get tickets.” You will be prompted to enter some information before downloading your ticket.
Each ticket grants the ticket holder and one guest free access to any participating museum on September 26. You may also get a ticket for a specific institution. One ticket per household, per email address.
Check the links on the website for the venue you wish to visit for additional information on redeeming your tickets. Many will allow you to show the downloaded ticket from your mobile device for entry.