This is a guest post from Quida Davis of Simple Savings for ATL Moms who offers tips on shopping, saving and couponing. Check back each week for more of her tips!
I have heard many stories of how difficult it has become for extreme couponers to find the time to get to the store to purchase items.
How do I find the time to make it all happen?
Well, strategic planning and preparation is what keeps me going! Here are a few tips and suggestions to help you as a couponer find the time to use your coupons and still have time for your family.
Take a closer look below at two strategies that you may consider using:
Get those Sales Ad
The sales ad come out each week. For example, Kroger’s store ad comes out on Wednesday.
- When you get the sales ad, start skimming for items on sale that you need.
- Use Coupon Database to look for your coupon location sources.
- Create a quick list of the items that you need from the store and attach the coupons to your list. When you go into the store, you will have a clear picture of what you need and how many items for a quicker store visit.
- If the item is out of stock, go directly to customer service and first ask if there are any more items in stock or get a rain check.
Know your store
I find that when couponers go into the store, they barely get to know any of the cashiers or how the store even operates. Here are a few things you need to know:
- Learn what time the store opens and when it closes.
- Take time to get to know which cashiers are the friendliest and give them a compliment when you can.
- Check out with cashiers who are very comfortable with customers who use coupons.
- Find out from your store if they are able to request a special order on a sales item that you need and ask how many coupons you can use once the product arrives.
- Always leave a nice note in customer service if any cashier, supervisor or manager has done something nice for you. Those notes can go a very long way!
Quida can find a coupon for almost anything and she often surprises cashiers when she checks out. For more tips on saving and couponing, visit Quida at Simple Savings for ATL Moms. Connect and interact with her on Twitter , Facebook, and Instagram.