Christmas is only a few weeks away.
Have you made your gift list? Have you decided on the type of meals you will prepare?
Using coupons can be helpful when shopping for others during the holidays. Also, reviewing your Sunday newspaper coupon inserts when they come out is helpful when holiday meal planning. Here are some simple saving and couponing strategies that you could use to help you with your holiday gifting and meal needs:
Holiday Gift Coupon Tips:
- Buy department store gift cards at Kroger and save on fuel points. If you have to give a gift to a family member or friend who is hard to buy gifts for, consider giving them a gift card. Buy participation gift cards that will give you fuel points and save on your gas at the same time.
- Visit Gift Card Granny for deep discounts of over 70 percent on gift cards and save more in your pocket.
- Sign up for email online with some of your favorite stores like Macy’s and Kohl’s and Target! These companies also send emails when there are certain sales or coupons that you can use on items that you can give as gifts during the holiday.
Holiday Meal Coupon tips:
- If you purchased a turkey for Thanksgiving and want something different for Christmas, consider a ham or roast beef. Honey Baked Ham has issued coupons in your RedPlum insert on several savings to prepare your meal. If you don’t want ham, consider the turkey breast. Look for Honey Baked Ham coupons in your Nov. 23 insert.
- Save on the Turkey! Did you know that Butterball recently issued a coupon that you can use to decrease your costs out of pocket? Go to Coupons.com or locate your Nov. 9 coupon insert for the save $3.00 when you buy any three participating Betty Crocker, Green Giant or Pillsbury items. Keep your grocery receipt and send in for a rebate of five $1 Butterball coupons by mail.
- Search coupon databases like Coupons.com, SmartSource.com or Redplum.com if you don’t usually keep coupon inserts from the Sunday newspaper. Coupons in these databases change often. If you see a coupon that you really want to use, print it! Always find sales on these items by looking in your current grocery store flyer ad. Connect those coupons with the sales and now you have an even better holiday deal!
Quida can find a coupon for almost anything and she often surprises cashiers when she checks out. For more tips on saving and couponing, visit Quida at Simple Savings for ATL Moms. Connect and interact with her on Twitter , Facebook, and Instagram.