According to FatWallet.com, one in four Cyber Monday shoppers already started shopping on Sunday. A recent survey reports that the shopping will flow as follows:
- 26 percent shopping on Sunday
- 38 percent Monday morning
- 25 percent Monday during lunch
- 33 percent Monday evening
- 32 percent during Cyber Week sales
Last year, Cyber Monday had its best year ever pulling in $1.735 billion in sales, an 18 percent increase from 2012, according to ComScore. Atlanta was number five on the list of the top five cities for Cyber Monday shopping.
Cyber Monday sales are expected to grow 15 percent this year, and while Dec. 1 will have the highest actual sales, more people were expected to shop online on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.
If it seems as though it has been tough to uncover retailers Cyber Monday deals, you’re not imagining things. Many retailers have kept some of their Cyber Monday and Cyber Week deals under wraps to avoid cutting into Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales. Here are a few tips for getting a great deal when you Cyber shop:
Cyber Monday is a great day for buying apparel and home decor with discounts up to 40 percent off. It is also a good time to shop for certain toys and electronics. Comparison shop before you buy to get the best deals.
If you haven’t already, join the loyalty or reward programs of the retailers you plan to shop and follow those brands on social media. The perks may include early access to deals or unadvertised deals. Some retailers such as Toys “R” Us and Kohl’s have introduced new point programs. Join before you shop and start earning points.
Check RetailMeNot, CouponCabin, FatWallet and other such websites for coupons and cash back offers that you can stack with Cyber Monday discounts. Don’t wait until you are checking out to look for these extra savings.
Use one credit card to make your online purchases. Credit cards have anti-fraud protections, making shopping online safer. If you don’t have a credit card, you can use a pre-paid credit card for shopping online.
Use a unique password to shop on Cyber Monday and always give the least amount of information required to complete your order. You can also just make up the information. If you’re shopping on the website as a one-time deal, check out as a guest.
Try to shop retailers who offer free shipping… without a minimum purchase.
Here are a few of the Cyber Monday deals being advertised:
- $329.99 Toshiba 40-in 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV. Reg. $449.99. Some discounts may not apply.
- $119.99 KitchenAid 13-cup food processor after 20% off discount. Reg. $249.99. Sale $149.99.
- $79.99 Asus 7-in 16GB Tablet. Reg. $149.99. Some discounts may not apply.
- $63.99 Robosapien after 20% off discount. Reg. $99.99. Sale $79.99.
- $31.99 Destination 20-in hardside luggage after 20% off discount . Reg. $179.99. Sale $39.99.
- $19.99 Small Appliances after 20% off discount. Select styles. Reg. $39.99 – $59.99. Sale $24.99.
- $149 Asus X205 laptop (save $100), online only.
- $39.99 Nobis 7” 8GB tablet (save $20), online only.
- $99 Dell 24” monitor (save $100), online only.
- Up to $250 off select desktops and laptops, online only.
- 40% select custom holiday cards & photo calendars, in-store & online.
Toys R Us: Cyber Monday deals are also available in-stores on Monday, December 1, while supplies last (no rain checks):
- $5 each Shimmer ’n Sparkle Cra-Z-Loom™ Bracelet Maker, Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker – Blue and Metallic Loom & Hook Set (Limit 2 per customer)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Battroborg® Electronic Battle Game – Was $79.99; Now $59.99
- Disney Frozen Princess & Me 18-inch Dolls (Limit 4 per customer) – Was $49.99; Now $34.99
- $7.99 each ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure® Packs & 3-packs (Limit 2 per customer)
- OFF Playskool Sit ’n Spin – Was $24.99; Now $14.99
- LG 49” LED HDTV for $398
- Fisher Price Little People Musical Preschool for $22 ($7.97 savings), along with other great gifts
- Samsung 55” 4K Ultra HD LED HDTV – $998 ($500 savings) online only
- Double Power 7” Tablet – $37.99 ($32 savings) Walmart exclusive
- 2014 Holiday Barbie Doll – $25 ($9.97 savings)
- 26″ Mongoose Beast Men’s All-Terrain Fat Tire Mountain Bike – $159 ($40 savings)