Simon Malls has teamed up with Glamour and GQ magazines to bring you an up close and personal look at the best in fall fashion with Simon LookBook Live.
On Saturday, Oct. 25 from 1 – 6 p.m. at Lenox Square, enjoy an afternoon full of free fashion events hosted by style experts from Glamour and GQ.
The schedule for stage events is as follows:
1:30 p.m. – Mini Fashion Show
2:00 p.m. – Style Q&A Expert Panel: Glamour and GQ’s expert-led panel discussion translates the season’s trends from the runway to real life for consumers in an interactive format.
2:30 p.m. – Mini Fashion Show
3:00 p.m. – Women Style Challenge with Glamour Bloggers: This activity (for men and women) encourages shoppers to vote for their favorite styles chosen by the most fashionable bloggers in Atlanta and then compete in the challenge themselves. After a special mentoring session, they will be turned loose in the shopping center with Simon Giftcards to shop for and then style their ultimate fall look.
3:30 p.m. – Men Style Challenge with GQ Bloggers (see description above)
4:00 p.m. – LOOKBOOK Live on Stage
5:00 p.m. – Women Style Challenge with Glamour Bloggers (see description above)
5:30 p.m. – Men Style Challenge with GQ Bloggers (see description above)
There will also be a chance to win prizes, score swag and get deals from participating retailers.
A dedicated fashion space with his-and-hers style consultations and grooming stations, a selfie station, on-trend product displays and more, serves as central command says Kiersten Geiger, the Glamour style ambassador who will be on hand for the event.
It all began in the September issues of GQ and Glamour with a shoot of the six hottest trends for fall.
The giant glass lounge, a custom “closet”, shows all the trends for fall, all of which are available at mall retailers.
There are beauty stations featuring braid bars for hair styling and make-up stations from Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.
“Both Glamour and GQ are very passionate about not just learning the trends and knowing the trends, but helping people find what works for them and their body type and what their daily life takes them through,” says Geiger. “We want to help you find the pieces and looks that work for your life. It can be the best trend in the world but if it is not going to work for you it is pointless.”
Here Geiger shares the top three trends for men and women:
- Pencil skirt – “You may already have this, but you need a new one. This season it is coming in new colors, fabrics, textures and details,” she says. For example, a 7 for All Mankind coated pencil skirt gives a texture somewhere between a denim and leather.
- Knits – This is not just big bulky pullover, says Geiger, but sweaters with new details such as leather trim, fur or jeweled collars.
- Retro – Think 60’s with a modern twist, she says. Shirt dresses with 60’s prints or jumpers with leather details.
- Gymwear – “It’s a switch-out from jeans. The new pant is a jogger,” Geiger says. It may be terry material but has a tailored silhouette.
- Blazer 2.0 – The new look for blazers is not traditional. Cool touches like leather collars or knit fabrics.
- Casual pinstripes – “Instead of it being banker wonderland…mix it with a different bottom,” Geiger says. Mix a pinstriped jacket with dark denim and a causal top underneath, she says to give it a looser look.
For more information visit www.simon.com.