I’m probably not the only person who forgot Monday is Columbus Day.
If you’re one of the lucky individuals who actually gets a day off, you may be looking for shopping deals. The standard appears to be about 20 – 25 percent off at major retailers, though some are advertising discounts of up to 70 percent off. Those deeper discounts are probably in categories that are among October’s best buys.
I won’t attempt to give an exhaustive list of the sales out there. Check sites like Racked.com or BeFrugal.com for specifics from any given retailer. I will, however, share a list from Offers.com of the top stores to shop for Columbus Day Savings. No big surprises here, but read on:
- Macy’s – Check out Macy’s Columbus Day Sale to save an extra 10%-20% on clothing, shoes, handbags, and more. Plus, knock an extra 25% off clearance items when shopping online.
- Sears – Shop Sears’ Columbus Day Sale and Values event, and take an extra 5% to 15% off grills, mattresses, auto accessories, and appliances such as microwaves, washing machines, refrigerators, and more.
- JCPenney – Save big during JCPenney’s Home Sale,” and save as much as 25% when shopping online.
- Kohl’s – Kohl’s is offering 20% off Sitewide + Free Shipping during its Columbus Day Friends and Family sale.
- Best Buy – In need of a microwave, washing machine, refrigerator, or other appliance? Head to Best Buy’s Prep for the Holidays Appliance event and save up to 25%.
- Kmart – Get a head start on the grandparents, and purchase your kids’ Christmas toys at Kmart’s buy one, get one 50% off event.